Sunday, November 8, 2009

Impulse Purchases - Day 5

Ahh, Saturday Morning! The Sun is shining and I have a list of things to do before I arrive at the football game. I'm mentally going through my list as I drive down the street and decide to stop for a beverage before I hit the farmers market. One low fat venti, Tazo Chai Latte please. Actually when I ordered it - it was several fragmented sentences cause I can't say it that smoothly in person ;-). This is a once in a while treat but I love it in the colder weather as the black pepper helps heat me up.

As I take my second sip before I drive off to the market I remember - shoot, this probably isnt the best choice carb-wise. I didnt think to ask for nutritional info before I ordered.

We have been instructed to target our carbohydrate intake to 50-60 g per meal and the evening snack to 15-20 g.

I already had my breakfast, so there was little room for additional carbs. Imagine my surprize when I checked the website and found that my darling chai latte was 56 G of carbs!

Once again - planning ahead may help. I don't know if I can make a real substitute with less carbs at home, but I'm sure going to have to give it a try. I guess the first consideration should be a smaller size!

No comments:

Post a Comment