Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Live it like ya mean it: Week 2

The week from "down under" is over! Gah, you know you have too many assignments when you forget to take any glucometer readings one day, and forget your evening medications the next, not to mention blogging this whole endeavor.

Tell you one thing - if I really were a diabetic, I'd be on the way straight to a complication or two. Sure, it helped to have the record-keeper booklet for glucometer readings, but being a student automatically constitutes unhealthy freudian slips - forgetting to eat, putting off a shower over the weekend, getting only 4-5 hours sleep for 4 days...

One thing that I know will be tricky for me is getting out of the habbit of mentally calculating/measureing how many carbs are in my meals - this morning I felt guilty when I poured a little extra cereal than what I'd been suggested in terms of carb content. Who's to say - I'll probably keep up with the 50 - 60 carbs/meal, but I'll be glad when I don't have to have M&Ms and Sourpatch candies everyday... ugh, yes, there is such a thing as too much candy... me and my sweet tooth have met our match.

Anywhoo, I'm back to work and will see you all at the wrap-up tonight! ^_^
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment