Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Final Day

I can't say that I'm disappointed that the challenge is over. I was very lucky in my "profile" requirements. All I had to do on a daily basis was remember to take a few candy pills, measure my blood glucose once a day and count and track my carb intake. Based on the fact that most of the participants had greater demands put on their time, I would say I really lucked out - but Im still happy it's over.

Tonight we'll talk about the cost diabetes places on our health system and on the families that are affected as it often exceeds the healthcare plan - if there is one.

I don't have diabetes and according to my blood glucose readings I'm not pre-diabetic. I can tell you that I'll be doing everything possible to remain that way. I've made some changes that will be permanent and I will try to get some activity in on a daily basis. I would say that is my greatest challenge and it will make the biggest impact on my health.

At present there are over 2 million people in Canada diagnosed with diabetes. It is expected that the number could increase to 3 million in the next year. That means that there are a lot of people living with symptoms that should be paid attention to. You can't ignore diabetes and wish it away. Catching it earlier could mean a easier management solution!

Are you at risk? Find out more!

No comments:

Post a Comment